|Circuit Length||2.56 miles (4.12 km)|
|Track Type||Real-life Street Circuit|
|Appears in||Gran Turismo 4 Prologue|
Gran Turismo 4
Gran Turismo PSP
New York Circuit is a street circuit which appears in Gran Turismo 4 Prologue, Gran Turismo 4 and Gran Turismo PSP. It is set in New York City, NY, USA and runs along 7th Avenue and Broadway, incorporating 56th, 57th, 58th and 59th Streets crossing with 5th and 6th Avenues. It has a very high speed 1.4 km straight running along Broadway and a series of 90 degree turns that lead to Central Park.
In this circuit is located the 11th Driving Mission of the game.
Appearances in gamesEdit
Gran Turismo 4Edit
The circuit appears in the following events in Gran Turismo 4:
- New York 200 Miles
- Driving Mission 11 (reversed)
- MR Challenge (reversed)
- Race of Turbo Sports (reversed)
- Supercar Festival
- Gran Turismo World Championship
- Formula GT World Championship
- Premium Sports Lounge (reversed)
- All American Championship
- Hot Rod Champonship (reversed)
- Muscle Car Competition
- Race of the Red "R" Emblem (reversed)
- Club "Z"
- Mini Sports Meeting (reversed)
- Vette! Vette! Vette! (reversed)
- Shelby Cobra Cup
Tips and TricksEdit
The circuit's long straight can be used as a good overtaking point if your car has excellent aerodynamics. Draft your opponent and go alongside them once you've accelerated quicker than the opponent. The first hairpin can also be used as a good overtaking point. All you have to do is brake slightly earlier than your opponent, than accelerate through it. By braking earlier, you should avoid a risk of severe understeer. To further dominate the circuit, your car's handling and speed should be well-balanced, in order to take the tight corners with ease and storm through the straightaways. If you drive a race car or a car upgraded with fully customizable transmission, adjust the ratio so your doesn't bog down at the tight sections but still retain its top-end speed.
- The two long straights of the circuit also appears in the Forza Motorsport version of this track.