Like The Wind is an event that is included in the GT5 Extreme Series. It consists of two, 5 lap technical courses. Unlike the two previous Gran Turismo games, the event has two tracks, rather than having only one track.
GT5's description of the eventEdit
- A super high-speed, full throttle event for race cars from all over the world. Utilize slipstreams wherever possible to secure a podium finish.
- 1st : Cr. 70,000 to 140,000
- 2nd : Cr. 50,500 to 101,000
- 3rd : Cr. 44,700 to 89,400
- 4th : Cr. 42,000 to 84,000
- 5th : Cr. 40,800 to 81,600
- 6th : Cr. 40,000 to 80,000
The two races both have 5 laps. First is the Daytona Road Course that can be very challenging with a slower car, even if it drafts well. The other is the Indianapolis Motor Speedway Road Course, this one is easy if you have a car that's good with drafting.
Top Speed (mph)
Top Speed (km/h)
- A-Spec: No Limitations
- B-Spec: Racing, Hard or Less
Recommended cars you should driveEdit
- Mazda Furai Concept '08 with good aerodynamics.
- Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 (C6) '09 with racing modification and all tuning parts.
- Mazda 787B Race Car '91 or any LMP (like the Audi R8 Race Car '01 or Peugeot 908 HDi FAP - Team Peugeot Total '10) or Class C car (e.g. Jaguar XJR-9 LM Race Car '88).
- Formula Gran Turismo: easy win, but expensive at just under 5,000,000, although useful in other events.
- Peugeot 905 Race Car '92 - has excellent speed and handling.
- Red Bull X2010 - Fastest car and has the most grip.
- Mercedes-Benz CLK-GTR Race Car '98, oil change and full tune.
- Using a car on this event for B-spec is useful for breaking in a car as you have to do very little and it is long mileage.
- Unlike Like The Wind in GT3 and GT4, the GT5 version has two courses, instead of just having only one course.