There are six "Stealth Edition" cars with black paint, carbon fiber bodies and GT livery trim and one NASCAR race car were available as pre-order bonuses worldwide through various retailers. The make and model of the pre-order bonus cars depended largely on which retailer was chosen for the Gran Turismo 5 pre-order.
Most of the retailers who took pre-orders had at most, one of the special "Stealth" models available as their bonus which was exclusive to the region they served. In the case of Gamestop, they had both the McLaren Stealth model and the exclusive #20 Gamestop NASCAR available as their pre-order bonus.
All 6 Stealth Edition cars came bundled as DLC with the Gran Turismo "Signature Edition" that was available in certain regions such as Europe, which came in addtion to the 5 "Chrome Line Edition" DLC cars that came with the Collector's Edition. The Signature Edition was not available in all markets however, The US region in particular was excluded.
Gran Turismo 5 Pre-Order Bonus Cars ListEdit
- Audi R10 TDI Stealth Model
- Honda NSX GT500 Stealth Model
- Mazda 787B Stealth Model
- McLaren F1 Stealth Model
- Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG Stealth Model
- Nissan GT-R GT500 Stealth Model
- 2010 Joey Logano ♯20 GameStop TOYOTA CAMRY '10 (Fantasy)
USA Retailer Pre-Order ListEdit
This is a list of US retailers that offered a pre-order bonus with Gran Turismo 5:
- Gamestop - McLaren F1 Stealth Model and the 2010 Joey Logano #20 Gamestop TOYOTA CAMRY '10.
- Amazon - Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG Stealth Model
- Best Buy - Nissan GT-R GT500 Stealth Model
- Walmart - Honda NSX GT500 Stealth Model*
- Target - Mazda 787B Stealth Model*
NOTE: The Audi R10 TDI Stealth Model were not available through any US Retailer
- The Walmart and Target bonuses were for online Pre-Orders Only
- The Honda NSX GT500 Stealth Model also comes as a bonus with the purchase of the "Complete Pack" DLC
The 2010 Joey Logano #20 Gamestop TOYOTA CAMRY '10 is obtainable through a 2010 Ticket ,but will dissapear once you quit the game.
The McLaren F1 Stealth Model was seen driving on "Toscana" in a GameStop "Turismo Tuesday" video.
The McLaren F1 Stealth Model,along with various cars.Share the exact same exhaust note as the Zonda R
The SLS AMG Stealth Model has a "Gran Turismo Association" Decal next to the GT Logo.
The SLS AMG Stealth Model is used as the test car for the intermediate Nurburgring challenges in the Special Events section.
All the six Stealth Model cars have made an appearance in Gran Turismo 6 as regular cars, purchasable through in-game Credits.