|This page is about hidden content found in a Gran Turismo game's resources. This includes unfinished versions of cars and tracks that made it into the final game, as well as hidden content which was scrapped but left in the game's files. We have collated as much information about it as can be found online. Please be advised that we do not recommend attempting to modify the game to be able to access it, as doing so can make the game unstable.|
The Lamborghini NOMAD Diablo GT-1 (JGTC) '00 only appeared in NTSC-J version, and the car still remains in data of NTSC version. But in the PAL version of the game, the body was replaced with a Daihatsu. Later, the car returned in Gran Turismo 5.The Porsche 911 (996) GT3 is a vehicle, and it was going to be the only one Porsche in the game, but Porsche's license was bought out by Electronic Arts for the Need for Speed series. Later, the car was cut from the Gran Turismo series and was replaced by the RUF RGT '00. Kazunori Yamauchi owns this car as his primary vehicle.
There were also some more secret cars that were removed from the game. They were:
- A Mazda MX-5 with a rollcage
- Nissan SKYLINE GT-R M • spec (R34) '01
- A Honda S2000 with the Spa Yellow Pearl color
- A Mazda MX-5 with a rear spoiler
- A Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VII GSR '01 with a 6-speed gearbox (rather than 5)
- A Mazda 787B Race Car '91 with a 6-speed gearbox (rather than 5)
- A Nissan SILVIA Varietta (S15) '00 with an engine sound from the Nissan SILVIA spec-R AERO (S15) '99
- Ten Sample Cars, used for debugging and testing purposes. Most of these are clones of the TVR Cerbera Speed 6 '97 and the Acura RSX Type-S '01, used for color testing. The only exceptions are Sample 001, Sample 006, and Sample 010.
- Sample 001 appears to be the McLaren MP4/13 used by Mika Hakkinen during the 1998 Formula One Season, even if in the Simulation Mode garage appears to be a Mazda RX-7 LM Race Car with an incorrect frame.
- Sample 006 appears to be a grey box (in Arcade Mode's car selection screen) and a pair of reflection balls (in the races).
- Sample 010 appears to be a F090/S with misaligned wheels and FF drivetrain.
- All the six Formula One styled cars from the NTSC and NTSC-J versions of the game are hidden in the PAL version, but all have their body deleted, with the body of a Daihatsu MIRA TR-XX Avanzato R '97 as a placeholder.
Some of the secret cars can be unlocked by completing a secret task in the game.