|Appears in||Gran Turismo 3: A-Spec|
|Engine||Honda RA166-E V6|
|Max Power||888 BHP|
The Polyphony F687/S is a Formula One style car available in the NTSC version of Gran Turismo 3: A-Spec. It is based on the 1987 Lotus 99T driven by Ayrton Senna in the Formula One World Championship. It is one of six Formula One style cars in the NTSC version of the game.
The F687/S is not available for purchase in Gran Turismo 3. It can be acquired as one of four prize cars from:
- While the car is intended to resemble the Camel-sponsored 99T, one of the alternate color schemes of the car resembles the John Player Special-sponsored 98T and 97T.
- This would foreshadow the appearance of the Lotus 97T in GT6 as a part of the Senna content.
- The "Power by Ikiuo" text (instead of Power by Honda text in the actual car) is a reference to Seiichi Ikiuo, one of Polyphony Digital's programmers.
- The F687/S is shown to use Pirelli tires, despite the source car, the 99T, used Goodyear tires instead.
- ↑ Mid-engined; Rear-Wheel Drive