|Eiger Nordwand Short Track|
|Circuit Length||1.51 miles (2.43 km)|
|Track Type||Original Circuit (Real Location)|
|Appears in||Gran Turismo HD Concept|
Gran Turismo 5 Prologue
Gran Turismo 5
Gran Turismo 6
The Eiger Nordwand Short Track is fictional circuit from the Gran Turismo series. It is part of the Eiger Nordwand complex of circuits which appear in Gran Turismo 5 and Gran Turismo 6. The Short Track also appears in Gran Turismo HD Concept and Gran Turismo 5 Prologue.
The Eiger Nordwand Short Track is a fictional tarmac circuit based in a real-world location in the Bernese Alps, Switzerland. The circuit is one of four layouts currently existing in the area, all of which are present in Gran Turismo 5. The Eiger Short Course also appeared in Gran Turismo 5 Prologue. The circuit is a short, highly technical course with a quadruple-hairpin switchback section, seven other tricky corners and a number of significant and severe camber and gradient changes. The course has an overall elevation change of 246 ft, more than circuits like Trial Mountain, Suzuka Circuit and Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca.
The Eiger Nordwand Short Track features in the following events in the Gran Turismo series:
Gran Turismo 5 PrologueEdit
- Sunday Cup (Race C-7) - 2 Laps
- FF Challenge (Race C-9) - 2 Laps
- Evolution IX Time Attack (Race B-3)
- BMW M3 Time Attack [R] (Race A-3)
Gran Turismo 5Edit
- World Classic Car Series - 3 Laps (A-Spec)/6 Laps (B-Spec)
- European Hot Hatch Championship - 3 Laps (A-Spec)/6 Laps (B-Spec)
- In Gran Turismo HD Concept, this track originally did not have a pit-lane. Some areas of the track were also quite different compared to its appearance in later games.
- This is the only track in Gran Turismo 5 Prologue to have a closed pit-lane, likely due to the pit-lane being actually longer than the section of the track where it is placed. Starting from Gran Turismo 5, the pit-lane of this track can be accessed normally.