|Dodge Viper GTS '96|
|Appears in||Gran Turismo (RM)|
Gran Turismo 2
|Engine||Viper V10 5.0|
|Max Power||440 BHP|
|Max Torque||491.1 lb-ft|
|Weight||1,470 kilograms (3,200 lb)|
|Power/Weight Ratio||3.34 kg (7.4 lb) per horsepower|
Only two colors are available for this car:
- Blue with painted White Stripes
This description is taken from the PAL version of the original Gran Turismo:
The Dodge Viper was launched in 1992. The muscularly designed body is lowslung targa-top 2-seater. The star feature is the engine. Lamborghini engineers helped in a joint development that took a 7.8-litre V10 OHV, originally a truck engine, and turned it into an engine fit for a sports car. It has an unequal firing cycle and generates a staggering 400 PS and 62.6 kgm. The transmission is a 6-speed manual. The engine at the front drives the two rear wheels (FR). In terms of dynamics capabilities, its overwhelmingly powerful acceleration is just out of this world. The handling is definitely sporty, but the suspension is not capable of containing the huge power of the engine, and it feels rather tense going round corners. 1995 saw the introduction of a GTS with enclosed body that delivered 455 PS / 67.37 kgm.
This car can be bought at the Dodge Dealership for 80,040 Credits. It is also one of the playable Dodge cars in Arcade Mode, but the car is not available from the start, it must be unlocked by winning three races in Special Stage Route 5 using one car per class. This will also unlock other Dodge cars such as the Dodge Concept Car and Dodge Viper RT/10.
- This car makes a cameo in the opening of Gran Turismo 2. It can be seen in a scene located in the bridge of Grand Valley Speedway. However, this vehicle was completely removed from the game, with the 1999 version of this car that takes its place.
- The blue with white stripes paint scheme of this vehicle can be replicated in Gran Turismo 6, through the use of some blue paint chips on a Dodge Viper GTS '02.
- In Gran Turismo Sport, it can Make the exact Replica of the 1996 version with Blue Painted with Whire Stripes by Using the Dodge Viper GTS '02 on Livery Editor.
- In the demo versions of Gran Turismo 2, this vehicle is present in the game data, and can be played through the use of cheat codes, such as Gameshark. This may hint that this car was probably planned to appear in Gran Turismo 2, or used as a placeholder while the Dodge Viper GTS '99 was not yet finished.