|Dodge Viper GTS '96|
|Appears in||Gran Turismo (RM)|
Gran Turismo 2
|Engine||Viper V10 5.0|
|Max Power||440 BHP|
|Weight||1,470 kilograms (3,200 lb)|
|Power/Weight Ratio||3.34 kg (7.4 lb) per horsepower|
Two colors are available for this car:
- Blue with painted White Stripes
With a very good acceleration, an excellent top speed and a great stability, this vehicle can be considered the best road car available in the game, being capable to defeat easily practically every road car in the game with default specs, even if this car isn't tuned, making it the best choice for the Normal Car World Speed Contest, considered by many players one of the hardest race event in the game. When fully tuned, this car is a deadly weapon on high speed circuits, being capable of exceed 400 Km/h when the player use the slipstream of another car in the second event of the Megaspeed Cup, on the Test Course. However, the car still remain good in acceleration and stability, making it a good choice for the hardest races of the game, without using pure race cars.
This car can be bought at the Dodge Dealership for 80,040 Credits. It is also one of the playable Dodge cars in Arcade Mode, but the car is not available from the start, it must be unlocked by winning three races in Special Stage Route 5 using one car per class. This will also unlock other Dodge cars such as the Dodge Concept Car and Dodge Viper RT/10.
- This car makes a cameo in the opening of Gran Turismo 2. It can be seen in a scene located in the bridge of Grand Valley Speedway. However, this vehicle was completely removed from the game, with the 1999 version of this car that takes its place.
- The blue with white stripes paint scheme of this vehicle can be replicated in Gran Turismo 6, through the use of some blue paint chips on a Dodge Viper GTS '02.
- In Gran Turismo Sport, it can Make the exact Replica of the 1996 version with Blue Painted with Whire Stripes by Using the Dodge Viper GTS '02 on Livery Editor.
- In the demo versions of Gran Turismo 2, this vehicle is present in the game data, and can be played through the use of cheat codes, such as Gameshark. This may hint that this car was probably planned to appear in Gran Turismo 2, or used as a placeholder while the Dodge Viper GTS '99 was not yet finished.