|Dodge Viper GTS-R|
The 2000 Chrysler-branded Team Oreca Viper GTS-R, the most well known iteration of the Viper GTS-R to appear in the Gran Turismo series.
|Appears in||All except Gran Turismo Sport|
The Dodge Viper GTS-R, also known as the Chrysler Viper GTS-R or SRT Viper GTS-R, is a racing car from the Gran Turismo series manufactured by Dodge and Chrysler. (The car was known as "Dodge Viper GTS-R" when competing in the US, and under the Chrysler name otherwise). Several iteration of the Viper GTS-R have appeared in the Gran Turismo series since the first game, appearing in all mainstream versions of the game since, with the exception of Gran Turismo Sport.
Though most variants of the Viper GTS-R in the games are displaying Chrysler branding, in the games, they are actually listed under the Dodge brand, likely as a form of consistency with the road-going Viper GTS, listed under the Dodge brand in the games.
The Chrysler Viper GTS-R is a front engined, rear-wheel drive racing car built by American manufacturer Chrysler, in conjunction with French racing team Oreca and Britain's Reynard Motorsport between 1995 and 2005. It was built for several endurance race events in the late nineties, including the 24 Hours of Le Mans and Nürburgring 24 Hours. It was very successful in these events, winning the following races/series:
- 24 Hours Nürburgring - 1999, 2001, 2002 (as team Zakspeed)
- Rolex 24 at Daytona - 2000 (as Team Oreca)
- 24 Hours of Le Mans - 1998, 1999, 2000 (GT2/GTS Class, Team Oreca)
- 12 Hours of Sebring - 2000 (GTS Class, Team Oreca)
- Petit Le Mans - 1999 (GTS Class, Team Oreca)
- 1000km Fuji - 2001 (GTS Class, Team Oreca)
- Mil Milhas Brasileiras - 2004
- FIA GT Championship - 1997, 1998, 1999 (Team Oreca); 2001, 2002 (Larbre Competition)
- American Le Mans Series - 1999, 2000 (Team Oreca)
- FFSA GT Championship - 2000, 2001 (DDO); 2003 (Larbre); 2004, 2005 (VBM)
- Belgian GT - 2002, 2003, 2004, 2009
- Italian GT - 2003, 2004
The Viper GTS-R in Gran TurismoEdit
- Dodge Viper GTS-R '96
- Dodge Viper GTS-R Team Oreca '99
- Dodge STP Taisan Viper GT (JGTC) '99
- Dodge Viper GTS-R Team Oreca Race Car '00