|Dodge Concept Car|
|Appears in||Gran Turismo|
Gran Turismo 2 (RM)
|Drivetrain||(GT1, GT2 PAL version) FR|
(GT2 NTSC/NTSC-J versions) MR
|Engine||2.7L LH DOHC V6|
|Max Power||219 hp|
This description is taken from the NTSC version of Gran Turismo 2:
The two seat, rear-wheel-drive, front-engine Dodge Concept Car shares a great deal with its older sibling, the Dodge Viper RT/10 Roadster. Both are products of Dodge's platform team engineering and are designed to appeal to true automotive enthusiasts. While the Viper's performance rests on the brute power of its massive 8-liter V10 engine, the Concept Car relies on an all-new, aluminum block, high-output 2.7-liter, four-cam V6. The Concept Car is 3 inches narrower and 8 inches shorter than the Viper, but boasts an additional 12 inches of wheelbase, achieved by moving the front and rear wheels to the limits of the vehicle's frame. With its wide tires and only 5 inches of ground clearance, the Concept Car delivers a maximized sense of road feel for drivers who crave precise control. The short-and-long arm (SLA) coil-over-shock front and rear suspension enhances both comfort and handling
This car cannot be won except by getting all gold in the National B License tests, though it can be unlocked in Arcade Mode by winning all races in Special Stage Route 5 with cars of all classes (A, B, and C), alongside the two Vipers.
This car cannot be won except by getting all gold in the National A License tests. Unlike in its previous appearance, this car can now be race modified.
- This is the only car not eligible for Racing Modifications in GT1, with the obvious exception of the two Arcade Mode's exclusive cars. However, it has a racing counterpart as a separate car.
- In the Japanese Trial Version demo, the Concept Car does have a racing modification, but it (along with the original Copperhead LM) have to be scrapped because that contained the old name of the car (Copperhead), which Chrysler had to drop due to naming issues.
- In the Japanese and US versions of GT2, the Copperhead is incorrectly listed as a MR car. This was fixed in the PAL version.
- The racing modifications of this car seems to be an hybrid between GT1 and GT2 versions of the Dodge Concept Car LM Edition. It is available in the same two color schemes of the GT1 version of the car, but with an appearance similar to the GT2 version of the car.
- Due to in-game quirk (the car's price is set to zero to prevent the car from being purchased in the dealership), it is not possible to sell the regular version of the car once obtained in GT1.