Dirt Tyres are a type of tyre that can be attached to particular cars in the Gran Turismo series. They are used to enter dirt or gravel based rally events, and have appeared in all mainline Gran Turismo games since Gran Turismo 2.
The following is a list of events for which Dirt Tyres are required:
Gran Turismo 2Edit
- Green Forest Roadway
- Pikes Peak Hill Climb
- Pikes Peak Downhill
- Smokey Mountain North
- Smokey Mountain South
- Tahiti Circuit (Tahiti Dirt Route 3)
- Tahiti Maze
- Any arcade races on the above circuits.
Gran Turismo 3Edit
- Tahiti Challenge
- Tahiti Maze
- Smokey Mountain Rally
- Alpine Rally
- Any arcade or one-make races on the above circuits.
Gran Turismo 4Edit
- Yosemite Rally I
- Yosemite Rally II
- Grand Canyon Rally
- Swiss Alps Rally
- Tour of Tahiti
- Any arcade races or Free Runs on the above circuits.
Gran Turismo 5Edit
- Gran Turismo Rally
- Sebastian Loeb Rally Challenge
- Any time trials or arcade races on the Toscana or Eiger Nordwand Trails or on tracks made using the Liège (Gravel version) or Alaska decoration in the Course Maker in GT5.
Gran Turismo 6Edit
List of carsEdit
This is just a select few cars which accept dirt tires. For the full list, see Cars accepting dirt tyres.
Cars capable of being fitted with dirt or snow tires include:
Note: Be aware that some cars accepts dirt tyres only in certain games (for example, the Vauxhall Astra Super Touring Car '00 and Ford AU/Tickford 2000 Falcon XR8 '00 can be equipped with dirt tyres in Gran Turismo 3: A-Spec, but not in Gran Turismo 4).