The Circuit de la Sarthe 24h I is an endurance event in Gran Turismo 4 that is designed to be replicated in the style of the modern day (1990s-2000s) 24 Hours of Le Mans event. An International A license is required to compete in this event when using A-Spec. However, the player is at liberty to use B-Spec to speed up the progression of time and complete event in a more feasible 8 hours. Due to the limitations of the PS2, although the event takes place over the course of 24 hours of real-time gameplay, neither the weather nor the time of day changes during the race.
Winning this event awards the player with an Audi R8 Race Car '01, the winner of the 2001 24 Hours of Le Mans.
- "The endurance race that every sports car maker around the world dreams of."
- IA License
- 1st: Cr. 1,200,000
- 2nd: Cr. 500,000
- 3rd: Cr. 300,000
- 4th: Cr. 150,000
- 5th: Cr. 120,000
- 6th: Cr. 100,000
There are a variety of opponents to face, mainly modern LMP1 racers, along with a number of Group C cars, but also the occasional GT1 racer. Some of the opponents you can face are:
- PlayStation Pescarolo C60 Race Car '04
- Audi R8 Race Car '01
- Bentley Speed 8 Race Car '03
- Nissan R89C Race Car '89
- Toyota GT-ONE Race Car (TS020) '99
- Nissan R92CP Race Car '92
- BMW V12 LMR Race Car '99
- Dodge Viper GTS-R Team Oreca '00
- Chevrolet Corvette C5-R (C5) '00
- Nissan R390 GT1 Race Car '98
- Panoz Esperante GTR-1 Race Car '98
- Sauber Mercedes C9 Race Car '89