|SRT Viper GTS-R '00|
|Appears in||Gran Turismo|
Gran Turismo 2
Gran Turismo 3
Gran Turismo 4
Gran Turismo 5
Gran Turismo 6
|Type in GT5||ST|
|Interior in GT6||Simple|
|Engine||8.0L Viper V10, OHV (Based on Chrysler LA truck engine)|
|Max Power||450 BHP (Standard)|
750 BHP (Racing Spec)
|0-60 Mph||4.3 seconds|
|Top Speed||185 mph|
The Chrysler Viper GTS-R, also known as the Dodge Viper GTS-R, is a racing car from the Gran Turismo series. (The car was known as "Dodge Viper GTS-R" when competing in the US, and under the Chrysler name otherwise). It made its first appearance in Gran Turismo and has featured in all mainstream versions of the game since.
The Chrysler Viper GTS-R is a front engined, rear-wheel drive racing car built by American manufacturer Chrysler, in conjunction with French racing team Oreca and Britain's Reynard Motorsport between 1995 and 2005. It was built for several endurance race events in the late nineties, including the 24 Hours of Le Mans and Nürburgring 24 Hours. It was very successful in these events, winning the following races/series:
- 24 Hours Nürburgring - 1999, 2001, 2002 (as team Zakspeed)
- Rolex 24 at Daytona - 2000 (as Team Oreca)
- 24 Hours of Le Mans - 1998, 1999, 2000 (GT2/GTS Class, Team Oreca)
- 12 Hours of Sebring - 2000 (GTS Class, Team Oreca)
- Petit Le Mans - 1999 (GTS Class, Team Oreca)
- 1000 km Fuji - 2001 (GTS Class, Team Oreca)
- Mil Milhas Brasileiras - 2004
- FIA GT Championship - 1997, 1998, 1999 (Team Oreca); 2001, 2002 (Larbre Competition)
- American Le Mans Series - 1999, 2000 (Team Oreca)
- FFSA GT Championship - 2000, 2001 (DDO); 2003 (Larbre); 2004, 2005 (VBM)
- Belgian GT - 2002, 2003, 2004, 2009
- Italian GT - 2003, 2004
The Viper GTS-R in non-racing livery can be won from the US vs. Japan event in Gran Turismo. It is not available for purchase. A racing modification of the Dodge Viper GTS costing 85,000 Cr. could roughly be interpereted as a Viper GTS-R.
The Viper GTS-R in racing livery can be won from the Apricot Hill Endurance event in Gran Turismo 2. A no-livery varient is available as a racing Modification for the Viper GTS. Team Oreca version of this car ( used in 1999 24 hours of le mans ) can be bought from Dodge dealerships for 1.000.000 Credits.
The Viper GTS-R in Team Oreca racing livery can be bought for Cr. 1,000,000 in Gran Turismo 3.
The Viper GTS-R in Team Oreca racing livery can be bought for Cr. 1,000,000 in Gran Turismo 4.
Both the Dodge and Chrysler Versions of the Viper are available in the Used Car Dealership For Cr. 2,000,000 In Gran Turismo 5
Both the Dodge and Chrysler versions of the Viper GTS-R can be bought in the SRT dealership for 1,450,000 Credits. It is a Standard car.